Menus and Pricing
Menus are planned with the goal of providing a variety of nourishing items at an affordable price. The menu is planned for today's children's preferences. Students are encouraged to try different foods and to use the cafeteria as a learning laboratory for making nutritious choices. Students may select 3 to 5 of the following components to make a lunch: Meat or meat alternate, vegetable, fruit, bread and milk.
To reduce fat in the meals our department does the following:
- Serve low-fat sliced cheese.
- Offer skim milk, 1% white milk, non-fat strawberry and non-fat chocolate milk.
- Sell margarine rather than giving it with the meal.
- Use turkey in such items as ham and hot dogs.
- Not serve fried items at the elementary and secondary schools.
- Offer fresh fruit daily.
- Serve whole wheat hamburger buns, bread and crackers.
An "a la carte" item is anything other than or exceeding the 5 meal components. Students may purchase as many extras as they wish unless the parent submitted an account restriction form. You may view the purchases made by your student by accessing their account through Family Access, or by contacting your student's Cafeteria Manager. The following item are included as "a la carte" items at our Elementary Schools (ala carte items at the Secondary Schools are listed on the Menus page):
|Milk||100% Fruit Juice|
|Fresh Fruit||Hard-Boiled Eggs|
|Graham Crackers*||Goldfish Grahams*|
* Cookies, Juicy Gels, Graham Crackers, Goldfish Grahams and Scooby Snacks are available one day weekly (this day determined at campus level).