Attendance Policy: Eanes ISD will not accept phone calls to clear an absence. We must have written documentation, preferably by email, regarding absences. If you are unable to send an email please send a written note with your child upon their return. Who do I email?
Attendance notifications are made to parents when their student is absent from school. Each school is set up to send attendance notifications at different times (see faqs below for times). If your child is marked with an unexcused absence at the time the attendance data is pulled, you will receive a call or email. At the middle school and high school since attendance is taken by period, a parent will receive a call if the student is absent during any one period of the day.
Attendance calls are made for the safety of your child. If you think your child is in school and he/she is actually not, we want to find out where he/she is as quickly as possible. If you know your child is not in school because he/she is home sick or has an appointment for the day, you can call the school as soon as possible and let the school know your child is out that day. If you call the school, we can place a code in the computer so it knows not to call you.
To Set your Notification Preferences
Sign into Family Access, click on the Skylert link and set preferences for the Attendance column. Family Access: https://skyweb.eanesisd.net/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsEAplus/fwemnu01.w
Frequently Asked Questions
What time do phone calls go out?
- Call time varies by school and depending on the call volume may run for several hours after the initial time. Call start times are as follows:
10:40am Barton Creek ES 10:50am Cedar Creek ES, Eanes ES, Valley View ES 11:10am Bridge Point ES 11:30am Forest Trail ES 5:15pm West Ridge MS 5:40pm Hill Country MS 7:00pm Westlake HS
Why did I receive an attendance call even though I already contacted the attendance office at my child’s school?
- If your child is not in class at the beginning of school your child will be marked as an unexcused absence. When you notify the attendance office the code will be changed to a different code. In some cases, the code may not have been updated before the phone calls were sent out. If you have already contacted the attendance office and you receive a call you may disregard the phone call.
Why did I not receive a call, email or text message?
- Check to make sure all of your information is correct. You can do this by going onto your Skyward Family Access account page and clicking on Skylert. Make sure you choose which notifications you would like to receive by placing a check mark in the notification boxes under Emergency, Attendance, School General and District General.
I am getting attendance calls on every phone number I have. How can I change this?
- Parents have control over the ways that they get notified. They can check or uncheck the Attendance column to control how they are notified. You can do this by going onto your Skyward Family Access account page and clicking on Skylert. Make sure you choose which notifications you would like to receive by placing a check mark in the notification boxes under Emergency, Attendance, School General and District General.
Why do I receive multiple calls on the same phone number for the same child?
- School Messenger is set to contact you up to 4 times over a period of 1-2 hours if you do not answer the call. For the system to have considered you answering the call, you must either answer and say "hello" or press the key on the phone that it tells you to or an answering machine or voice mail must pick up. If the system doesn't recognize any of these actions, it will attempt to call again.
Email the attendance email address for your child's school:
|Barton Creek ES
||Hill Country MS
|Bridge Point ES
|West Ridge MS
|Cedar Creek ES
|Forest Trail ES
|Valley View ES